Past workshops and topics (Archive)
If you’re interested in any of these topics and would like to see them repeated, send us an email at email@example.com! We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to bookmark the Website – live discussions and links for some of these topics will be coming soon!
Lotus Fire Empowerment Circle topics 2020
February 5 – Ethics in Energy Work. Morals and Ethics work off of each other, and can be learned behavior through societal conditioning, nurturing, and our sense of right and wrong. Many times we may find that what we’ve learned through conditioning and what we ourselves believe in may be two different things. We’ll discuss how ethics play into energy work and how we honor our Selves and others in our daily lives.
How To Reduce Attention Residue in Your Life
3 Mental Blocks That Keep You From Doing What You Say You Want To Do
The Way We Work is Killing Us
February 19 – Working with Personal Energy. This workshop we will be working on hands-on activities for discovering and working with our own Personal Energy, which will build the foundation for recognizing interactions with others.
March 4 – Shielding. In this discussion, we will learn ways to ‘shield’ our physical and energy bodies, as well as learning when to shield. This will be an interactive discussion and practice.
March 18 – Elemental Energies CANCELLED
April 1 – Book discussion, The Four Agreements (online)
This week, we will read chapter 1 of The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz and contemplate the following questions:
Food for thought – Introduction and Chapter 1:
1. Do you agree with the statement “everything is God”? Why or why not?
2. What are your thoughts and personal perceptions about the “Smokey Mirror”?
3. Do you believe the author’s description of the domestication of humans to be true? Why or why not?
4. What ‘agreements’ do you hold in your life that may not serve your highest good?
April 15 – Book discussion, The Four Agreements (online)
1. What examples in your life show the “magic” of the word?
2. Give an example of when a “spell” was used against you – how did your beliefs change based on the spell? How can you change your ‘agreement’ for this occurrence?
3. Have you put a “spell” on someone else that may have changed their perceptions of themselves? What was it? How did it make you feel?
4. How do you use ‘the word’ against yourself? What words can you use to change how you view yourself?
1. Name an instance or two where you took something personally that someone else said. How did you act / react? How can you change this perception to understand the other person and their motives?
2. Name an instance or two where you took something personally from yourself that negatively affected you. How did you act / react? How can you change this perception to understand yourself better?
3. Do you believe the mind exists on different planes (exists in different realms)? Why oy why not?
4. How do you feel about the statement “Humans agree to help each other suffer”?
May 6 – Book discussion, The Four Agreements (online)
Discussion questions for chapters 4 and 5
1. Name a time you made an assumption based on someone else’s actions that resulted in conflict. How did you act / react with them?
2. Name a time someone else made an assumption based on your actions that resulted in conflict. How did they act / react, and how did you feel?
3. Name a time you made an assumption based on your own actions that resulted in conflict with yourself. How did this change your perception of yourself?
4. Why do you think people in general don’t ask questions to clarify a situation? Do you ask questions of yourself and others to clarify a situation? Why or why not? In either case, can you think of a specific event that reinforced your decision to ask or not ask?
1. What does “doing your best” mean for you?
2. Do you expect more or less from yourself than is realistic? If so, what is the result?
3. Do you take action because you want to or to seek a reward? Have you taken action for both purposes? Which did you enjoy more?
4. Do you treat yourself with honesty and understanding when you make a mistake? If not, what changes can you make?
5. Have you ever taken actions because you wanted to, then found that the action or task became an ‘obligation’? If so, how did you handle the situation?
May 27 DATE CHANGE – Book discussion wrap-up
Discussion questions Chapters 6 and 7:
1. What does “freedom” mean to you?
2. Describe an instance where you felt “free” as a child. Describe an instance where you felt “free” as an adult.
3. Replacing an old dream with a new dream keeps the space occupied so the old dream does not return, according to the author. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
4. Do you believe forgiveness for others and yourself will free you from your wounds? Why or why not?
5. Have you lived (at any point) as if there was no tomorrow? If so, how did you “live” for that day (or month, or year)?
6. After reading the book, do you agree with the author’s perspective? What types of changes are you looking forward to in your life, if any?
June 3, 2020; 6:00-8:00 p.m. Social gathering.
June 17, 2020; 6:00-8:00 p.m. Elemental Energies.
July 1, 2020; 6:00-8:00 p.m. Enneagrams. For this workshop, we will be discussing personality types based on the Enneagram. If you are interested in your type, a free sample test can be found here http://www.enneagram-monthly.com/resources.html
Lotus Fire Empowerment Circle topics 2019
March 5 – Basic Energy movement – Basic breath work, a brief discussion about energy, and learn how to sense our own energies. Tree of Life Meditation. Here is an interesting article on energy work and definitions of different forms – do you agree with this article? Are there other types of practice you may do, or other ‘names’ you may apply to your practices? https://personaltao.com/soul-spirit-energy-work/
One question that came up during discussion was “Why is it important to feel the energies in our bodies, and to be able to move them?” I think this is a great way to start out our year – learning to wholly integrate our experiences in life on every level, as well as learning from each other! From your perspective / experience, why is it important to be able to sense our personal energies?
March 19 – Basic Energy movement continued – An expansion of the previous workshop, learning how to ‘see’ our own energies and how to move them in a beneficial, healthy manner. https://www.purewow.com/wellness/energy-work
April 2 – Applied Kinesiology – Learning how to interpret yes’s and no’s from the body, and ‘physically’ learn to listen to our Higher Selves. https://amybscher.com/self-muscle-testing-the-sway-test-or-idiometer-response/ ; https://amybscher.com/getting-answers-from-the-subsconscious-mind/ ; https://isisarjeta.com/2016/muscle-testing/
April 16 – Manifestation and Setting Intent – Using our words as ‘magic’ and working to make things happen. We’ve seen the changes the spoken word can make to the vibration of our personal bodies through muscle testing – discussion will center around how the spoken word along with intent can help to reshape our realities. https://medium.com/thrive-global/9-principles-of-conscious-manifestation-3d2df7a4a87 Affirmations are words and thoughts about ourselves that are “realistically high and believable, spoken in the first person”, according to John Branstad from Leadership by Design. He says “affirmations are things we use to tell ourselves in times of doubt that which we KNOW to be true at all other times”. What is your favorite affirmation? Do you have a practice that you use that may be beneficial to others?
May 7 – Auras – Discussion group on how to detect Auras, how to protect the aura and yourself from outside influences (different forms of Shielding), and how to work with them. https://www.healthline.com/health/what-is-an-aura#how-it-looks ; https://www.gaia.com/article/how-to-see-auras
Tuesday, May 28 – Crystals (rescheduled due to weather). Learn how to ‘talk’ with crystals and stones – each piece has its own ‘personality’ and will work with you in different ways that similar stones/crystals of the same type may. We’ll discuss the difference between using items as ‘tools’ and ‘working with’ the Spirit of the rock as a partner.
Tuesday, June 4 – Experiencing different planes of existence. Our topic of discussion for this day was Journeying – learning the difference between meditation and traveling to different planes of existence. All things being energy, there are worlds that cannot be seen using the five senses, that are still accessible. These worlds can sometimes carry the ‘keys’ we may need for learning more about our Selves and are very helpful in promoting healing. This gathering will be largely meditative, wear comfortable clothing! https://eagletherapies.com/healing/shamanic-journeying/ https://www.the-open-mind.com/why-you-should-be-aware-of-quantum-physics/ https://curiosmos.com/scientists-reveal-a-multidimensional-universe-inside-the-brain/
It is possible to view what others are doing and to ‘engage’ with others while traveling for the purpose of gaining new knowledge. There are times when this sort of engagement may cause a disruption in your energy levels as well as others’ energies, and can result in a breach of privacy as well. How you choose to interact is up to you, but I would caution everyone to follow the Golden Rule on every plane of existence – “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.
This topic is definitely open for discussion – if you have any questions or insight, please share! There is a discussion group on our event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/446334049245734/ or you may email your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss 🙂 The use of knowledge is power, and working together to raise the collective energies of the people and the planet is very much necessary at this time Have a great day all, and we’ll see you soon! ~Mandy
Herb Grimoire – the Magickal Cat
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 – The topic for this gathering will be CELEBRATING YOU!! We’ll talk about how make birthday parties part of your spiritual practice and some other ways to celebrate the amazingess that is you on a daily basis!
Birthday Customs in Germany
Celebrating Chinese Birthdays
Noodles on Your Birthday – Chinese Traditions
Weird Historical Myths About Birthdays
Wacky Birthday Superstitions
How to Create a Birthday Altar
Alternative Learning Series Topics
Magical Midsummer Garden, presented by Prairie Magic Herbals! www.prairiemagicherbals.com
Sat, June 22, 2019; 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.; Iron Clad Coworking, 407 Poyntz Ave, Manhattan
Summer Solstice/Midsummer eve is also known as Herb Evening. The summer sun draws forth the medicinal virtues of many plants we gather, prepare and use at this time. Join in as we venture into the Midsummer magical garden to explore plant lore, identification, medicinal uses, and preparation of plants to include yarrow, St. Johns wort, elder flower, vervain, mugwort, elecampane and more.
Bio: Joanne Bauman (Prairie Magic Herbals) is a Kansas wise woman herbalist, teacher, writer, herb grower and medicine-maker. Her easygoing teaching style makes learning and using plant-based healing accessible to everyone. Joanne teaches at Midwest Women’s Herbal and other herb conferences. She presents yearly at The Mother Earth News Fair, as well as podcasts, videos and blogs for Herbal Living. Joanne volunteers as Herbalists Without Borders (HWB) Community Herbal Apothecary Coordinator and is Kansas Chapter Coordinator.
Introduction to the Chakra and Energy Systems, presented by Jamie Zunick
Sat, July 27, 2019; 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.; Iron Clad Coworking, 407 Poyntz Ave, Manhattan
This interactive presentation focuses on the life force energy, the seven major chakras, the auric system, and the flow of energy through the body, mind, and spirit. A basic discussion focuses on the function and location of each chakra, the seven layers of the aura, and the importance of maintaining a healthy energy flow. Dowsing for energy with the use of pendulums will be demonstrated and practiced. Participants will palpate the energy levels on themselves and a partner. To their own comfort level, participants will practice deep breathing techniques and Tai Chi meditation movements to enhance and balance their own unique flow of energy.
Healing with Energy and Light as an Introduction to Reiki, presented by Dan Watkins, Reiki grandmaster
Sunday, August 18, 2019; 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.; held during the Spark of Life Metaphysical Fair. K-State Alumni Center, 1720 Anderson Ave., Manhattan
Pre-registration is required; registration deadline is August 16, 2019. The cost of this class is in kind donations for the T Russell Reitz Animal Shelter. Please register via email to email@example.com as soon as possible to save your seat! Please be sure to not have any caffeine or meat 48 hours prior to attending, and wear comfortable clothes. This class is limited to 15 participants.
More and more therapies are being created that incorporate some form of energy healing, but I bet the majority of us still don’t quite understand what energy healing is or how it works. Everything around us has some form of energy, including our bodies. Each person has in their body a store of energy and certain energy patterns. These energy-storing centers of the body are called chakras. Energy patterns are the result of each event that has occurred across a person’s lifetime. Some of these will be good patterns while some will be the result of unhappy or painful experiences. These painful memories may sometimes get stored away deep in the chakras. However, they don’t go away, but are instead forgotten. These bad energy patterns can cause an imbalance in the whole energy field of the individual (also known as the aura). Over our lifetime, we also absorb a number of negative energy forms, such as anger, fear, doubt, and judgment. Healing techniques that release the bad energy in our body help us to move toward happiness and achieve peace within ourselves.
Energy work is the general term for describing all the therapy modalities that are based on energy healing. They are all focused on the belief that the human body contains many levels of energy, that when stimulated through various techniques, will promote overall health and well-being. There are many techniques that can be used to help you establish healthier emotional patterns. You will learn some of these; this is the gateway to a better life for you and all that you come in contact with.
All of the following events are on hold at this time. Keep an eye on our Local Classes and Events page for our updated classes! The workshops and gatherings here may return, based on the needs of the community.
Spark of Life Drum Circle
Learning to express yourself through music in a judgement-free zone and engage in discussion for learning more about drum circles and how to make the most of them!
Shintai Ryu – Manhattan
The Divine Essence in Form Energy School is a system of body movements, forms, and sound meditations designed to harmonize the body with the elements, and create greater spiritual awareness and energetic control. If you would like to know more, please contact the Manhattan instructor, Mandy, at firstname.lastname@example.org
An open spiritual support circle for women of any path looking for fellowship and fun, and spiritual support in a safe and nurturing environment!
DT includes time for crafts and fellowship, meditations on women related issues or themes, and research and discussion on different cultures and traditions.
Manifesting is the ability to visualize what you want and bring it to you. The Fellow Travelers Club brings spiritual guidance and the realization that the shape of your life is entirely your responsibility, and fully within your hands.
A monthly gathering where all learn to express themselves through movement and find creativity through music!